Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao (妖-yiu 魔-mo 鬼-gwai 怪-gwaai 快-faai 哋-di 走-jau) was Uncle's chant throughout the show to defend against as well as to defeat supernatural forces of evil.
It literally translates to: "Spirits, demons, ghosts, monsters, quickly leave!" or "Evil demons and malevolent spirits, be gone!"
Though the primary, obvious purpose is to banish evil, Uncle had utilized it in a variety of ways:
- Portal Creation
- Locating the Noble Animals
- Transferring Demon Chi
- Transferring human chi
- Energy combat
- Countering other forms of magic
- This chant was one of Uncle's most used quotes.
- As the chant is in Cantonese, it did not work against the Oni, as they are Japanese. However, it was still used indirectly against the Oni in protecting the shop from their dark magic and can be used against their Shadowkhan.
- Interestingly, the chant was still effective against the Magisters during the Chans' encounter at Stonehenge, despite the fact that like the Oni, the Magisters were of a different culture and different language from the chant. A logical and reasonable explanation would be that the Magisters were wizards and not demons, making the difference in language negligible.