Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao (妖-yiu 魔-mo 鬼-gwai 怪-gwaai 快-faai 哋-di 走-jau) was Uncle's chant throughout the show to defend against, as well as to defeat, supernatural forces of evil.
It literally translates to: "Spirits, demons, ghosts, monsters, quickly leave!" or "Evil demons and malevolent spirits, be gone!"
Though the primary, obvious purpose of this spell is to banish evil, Uncle has utilized it in a variety of ways:
- Portal Creation
- Locating the Noble Animals
- Transferring Demon Chi
- Transferring human chi
- Energy combat
- Countering other forms of magic
- This chant was one of Uncle's most used quotes.
- As the chant is in Cantonese, it did not work against the Oni, as they are Japanese. However, it was still used indirectly against the Oni in protecting the shop from their dark magic and can be used against their Shadowkhan.
- Consequently, the chant is noticeably absent from most of Season 4, instead being replaced with Nukeru He Men Ja'aku.
- Interestingly, the chant was still effective against the Magisters during the Chans' encounter at Stonehenge, despite the fact that like the Oni, the Magisters were of a different culture and different language from the chant. A logical and reasonable explanation would be that the Magisters were wizards and not demons, making the difference in language negligible.
- In the Brazilian Portuguese dub, the fans jokingly pronounce the chant as "Hu Mu Bu Kai Fei Di Tao", being essentially a "mondegreen" or corruption made in that country.