The Talisman Locators are magically-enhanced objects used to find the Talismans or their powers.
The first known Talisman Locator, also referred to as the Seeking Device, was made by Shendu's magic (in fact, it was forged from his own statue body) in The Power Within for the Dark Hand as a means to track down the Talismans. However, Tohru fell on it and it broke in The Dog and Piggy Show. It's shown again when Shendu uses it in Demon World (Part 2) to follow the Chans' trail after they steal several of the Talismans from him.
The locator was a torch-like clay sculpture with four dragons in its head, situated like the four compass points. When one of the Talismans is near, the eyes and mouth of the dragon pointing in its direction glow in yellow light. If the Talisman is right next to the locator, all dragon heads will glow.
- The Noble Tiger: Sock
- The Noble Rat: Whisker of a cat
- The Noble Monkey: Banana
- The Noble Snake: Rattle containing mongoose teeth
- The Noble Sheep: Moth
- The Noble Rabbit: Carrot
- The Noble Horse: Horseshoe
- The Noble Ox: Cowbell
- The Noble Dragon: Dragon statue
- Daolon Wong uses his magic staff to find the Noble Animals in the 3rd season. When one of the animals/talismans is near and the hole in the staff's end points in its direction, the hole glows a bright red light. However, it's shown in Little Valmont, Big Jade that Wong uses a spell to locate the individual animals.
- Shendu's locator appears in the season 1 opening titles. It is subsequently replaced by the Pan'ku Box in season 2 and Tohru for the remainder of the series.
|Artifacts and Talismans|
|Rooster • Ox • Snake • Rabbit • Sheep • Dragon • Rat • Horse • Monkey • Dog • Pig • Tiger|
|Talisman Locators • Lost Treasure of Qin Shi Huang • Pan'ku Box • Scroll of Hung Chao • Armor of the Eight Immortals • Book of Ages • Urn of Wei Cheing • Cube of Tang Shan • Orb of Kwan Lo • Deja Vu Stone • Dragon's Teeth • Chi-O-Matic • Chi Arcanum|
|Oni Masks • Hana Fuda • Demon Archive|
|The Kyoto Octopus|
|Cat of Khartoum (Iran) • Armbands of Shiva (India) • Sutras of Raktajiba (India) • Opal (Bhutan) • Burmese Raccoon (Myanmar)|
|Silver Iguana of Awramba (Ethiopia) • Eye of Aurora (Egypt)|
|Emerald of Killarney (Ireland) • Green Beard's Gloves (Britain)|
|Chalice of Life (Patagonia)|
|Time-Traveling Crystal Ball • Golden Squid|